Friday, April 07, 2006

Bye Bye Binki

To answere your question Jen. I started to on your comments but decided it was a bit long for that.
I think Morgan must have coached Eamon when we were there. That is exactly what Morgan would do in the middle of the night. We put up with it for a few months. It wouldn't happen every night so we decided to go along with her little dependency problem. However, it got quite out of control towards the end. She started having such episodes several times a week at night. It got so bad that she was having them one to three times EVERY night. And then I had a revelation. If the only reason why Morgan is waking up in the middle of the night is because she wants her binki...If we take her binki away forever...then when she wakes up she will just go back to sleep because we've broken the addiction. This was my theory anyway. So one night Hans and I were still up and Morgan had an episode. I told Hans "maybe we should just take her binki away". I hadn't discussed with him my above theory yet. He headed to her room and came back with her binki. The idea sounded great to him because more often then not he would be the one to get up in the middle of the night to retrieve the binki. She right then and there she had to deal with the withdrawal. We cut her off cold turkey! No more binki. She cried at first when we would put her to bed. But it didn't take very long before she was over it. Thank you Jesus no more Binki ron-de-voos in the middle of the night. She was about 16 months old at the time.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Hmmmm? So how did you deal with the fact that there are still binkies in the house, with having another baby with binkies? Luckily Guenna doesn't really use her binkie because I am her binkie. But we still keep it for car rides and somehow he always seems to find them.

Thanks Nicole, I will seriously consider this as an option. I think he's ready for this.

Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home