Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Morgan

In memory of Morgan's birth I thought I would work outside and mow the lawn. It was a beautiful day for it. Sunny with a nice cool breeze. By the time I get the kids ready. . . Haley down for a nap and Morgan and Elizabeth as my little helpers. . .Morgan and Elizabeth were playing in the dirt and I begin the fight to start the mower. Normally this in not a hard mower to start but the last time (which was the first time) I mowed I wanted to make sure our new mower stayed nice, so I tipped it over and scraped all the grass clippings off. Well I guess you are not supposed to tip it completely upside down because that make the gas and oil spill out. Oopps. So now I'm faced with a mower that has oil in the pistons (at least that's Han's assesment). I finally did get it started with much stinky smoke pouring out of the engine. As I'm standing there trying to decide if I should let it keep running or if I should shut it off and call Hans...I see Elizabeth throw dirt at Morgan...I shut it off and deal with my disobedient daughter...I call Hans and then start up the mower again. I get about twelve square feet done when I notice Morgan pointing at her eye. Off it goes agian as I go to examin Morgan's eye. Sure enough there is dirt in her eye and all over her fingers that she is using to rub her eye. Back in the house I go to wash Morgan up and try and get the dirt out of her eye. As I go back out to begin mowing again I notice the wind has started picking up and some very dark clouds are approuching. Okay, here I go again but before I start up I make a trail for Morgan and Elizabeth to play with by mowing a path for them in the grass. Now I'm on a roll...up and down the hill I go...things seem to be going great...until it started to rain. Rats! I guess the perfect day for mowing the lawn has passed. And it's supposed to be rainy for the next two days, and Saturday we are moving. I guess the grass is just going to have to wait.

We will be celebrating Morgan and My birthday next week there was just to much going on this week.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Rose said...

Nicole! I love reading your blog :) My favorite parts are your stories about your girls, and how you post so many pictures. Your girls always seem so happy!! What a great reflection on you & Hans. I really miss you, and hope next time you're in the area we could see each other. (to answer your question, I do some modeling in my free time, it's really fun.)

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home