Friday, March 18, 2005

God loves to bless His kids!!!!

Okay Emily this is it!

I was e-mailing a good friend the other day and I thought to myself other friends and family would probably be interested in knowing what I was saying. So I was going to be tricky and copy and paste the e-mail to my blog. Unfortunately, the e-mail got lost in computer never land. Now I have to try and compose it all over again. This was several days ago, but because of Elizabeths potty training I haven't had the time to do it. She goes to the bathroom more than her pregnant mom!

Which reminds me (sorry for the rabbit trail). Last night I was so out of it. I got up to go to the bathroom and on my way there my head ran right into the wall. I couldn't believe it. I started to laugh and Hans couldn't tell if I was crying or laughing. I couldn't believe I walked right into the wall. Even now I'm laughing. Maybe it's one of those things that you had to be there for. I'll be more careful from now on.

Okay back to the point of this entry. Our lives have been rather chaotic since we moved to MI. We never really got into a schedule. And I function the best on a schedule. Plus we had my aunt living with us, which was a huge adjustment. Plus every road we tried to go down in regards to realestate investing seemed to be a dead end. We were running out of money. "God why did you bring us here?" (We are so much like the Israelites. God forgive us for our faithless hearts!) At that point God opened the door for us to buy our first two deals. This was shortly before we went on vacation. God reassures us that we are where He wants us and He will take care of the details. Anyway, since my aunt moved back to Washington we are exclusively functioning as the Stol family again. We have realized that God has blessed us with the thing we really wanted the most. That is TIME! Ever since we got married it seems that most of our time was already spent for us. Between Hans' job (which thought they owned him and could make him work at their whim), our side business and our remodel on our house, not to mention Church and family functions, we had very little time left. We desired to have more time with each other, more time to spend with friends and family, more time to spend in ministry at church, ect. ect. ect.

We've realized since we've been back that God has blessed us with the very thing we desired. We have more time now (literally) than we know what to do with. (or should I say Hans does) For me not much has changed in the way of my job - taking care of my family. Actually it's gotten more difficult. It's not easy vacuuming 2800 sq ft. But for Hans, he went from having almost no time to having 24hr a day. So we are trying to figure out how to deal with this new found blessing. We are praying that God would give us wisdom to spend the time He's blessed us with wisely.

We are speechless when we think about all the ways God has blessed us recently. About all we can come up with to say is "God you are so good!"

Last week we implemented a schedule - kind of. It goes like this:

-We actually set our alarm for 7:00 AM.
-We spend time reading the Bible and praying together.
-By then Morgan is usually awake so I tend to her and Hans goes to the gym.
-After Morgan has had her bottle I let her loose in Elizabeths room to wake her sister up.
-We play the rest of the day by ear but end up in bed by 9:00.

It feels so good to be on a schedule. We have no idea what God has in-store for us. We know that whatever it is, He is trustworthy. Everything and anything we accomplish has very little to do with us. It's all God! He is amazing!

4 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Great to hear from you guys and to hear you about how you are doing. You know I had a similar wall walking experience a few months ago. I had gotten up to feed Eamon and was going back to the bedroom through the kitchen. I had already turned the light off but was confident that I could make it to my room down the hall without feeling my way. Boy was I wrong! I was walking a confident pace and smashed my face right into the wall!!!! It really hurt! But like you said, I made a memory-and a funny one at that:) Love you Nic!

Jen

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know I had such clumsy girls! I love to hear from you via your blog, Nic. Your mom told me yesterday that she and Lanaya and the girls are coming to visit in a couple of weeks. Hope it goes better than your visit home!!;) Nobody getting sick, now!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess I should have signed that comment! Love Mom Judi

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also a schedule person and am up at 7:00am. I however am in bed between 10 and 11pm. Nic, I know you love your sleep. I'm not sure I can go to bed at 9:00pm on vacation. We'll try to adhear to your schedule. Less than two weeks until we invade.

Naya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home