Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wake up call

Yesterday I had a wake up call. Usually it's Haley or Morgan that wakes me up but yesterday it was my faithful Heavenly Father. I've prayed for many years "Lord if I ever start to fall away from you, do what ever it takes to bring me back." Well, in His great faithfulness my God is bringing me back. It's not like I've deliberately turned my back on God or anything like that. It's just that I have allowed life to get in the way of my coming to Jesus every day, in prayer and in His word. I am so grateful that He has made me mirserible enough to realize what I've done. I don't want to live for myself. I don't want to live with out Jesus! I want to learn how to consistently live a surrendered and victorious life no matter what my circumstances are. Easier said then done, I know. But I've got to. The alternative is just not acceptable. My family is to valuable, and I don't want to loose them to the trickery of the enemy. I've been a lazy soldier. But the work out to get back in shape has begun. I actually set my alarm this morning and had a good time "positioning" myself before the Lord.

It's kind of interesting how the physical and the spiritual reflect each other in a lot of cases. As you may know I have been reading up on detoxifying the body and it's completely changed my lifestyle. Now I'm not only detoxifying my physical body but my spiritual health as well.

I'm going to saturate my mind with truth and the toxins (lies, selfishness, anxiety, pride...the list could go on and on) will slowly be purged out on my system.

Thank you Jesus for waking me up! I can not function successfully with out You!

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, BUT GOD is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home