Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Home sweet Home...I think!

Well we made it back to Michigan. Thank you Dad and Mom for leting us bombard you for so long. Even though we were in washington forever we of course ran out of time. There are many people we would have loved to have visited with.

While we were there our living arrangements got completly altered. The house we were going to move into didn't end up closing. The one we weren't going to move into did close. So we came back and moved into the one that closed. So now we live in Grosse Pointe Park. It is a really nice neighborhood. Unfortunatly, the house wasn't anywhere new move in ready. It was filthy from not being cleaned from the previous owner and also from being vacant for a year and a half. Not to mention the desitagrated pad that was stuck to the beautiful hard wood floor. My poor girls were so confused. They are usually not allowed to ware their shoes in the house. When we moved in to this house they weren't allowed to take their shoes off. I was having a hard time keeping a good attitude. The carpet pad got everywhere and it would stick to you. I desided to look at it as if we were going camping. I love camping. And when you are camping "dirty" is okay. That really helped. It's amazing what a different perspective can do.

We did manage to get the floors cleaned up a bit. We have not managed however to clean the years of dust. And we have not managed to get any appliances. I cook with my electric skillet and our microwave. Hans even made oatmeal for us last night in the electric skillet. It turned out pretty good. We haven't really moved in either. We only brought our beds, suitcases, and a few bathroom and kitchen nesecities. We're CAMPING!!

Unfortunatly, a few days after we got back we all got very sick. We're still trying to get over it. I haven't even seen my friend Leesa yet becuase I don't want to expose her family to this nasty virus. We're very excited to start "a new life" again. As soon as we feel good again.

I tried to keep this short so as to not overwhelm the reader. I just have one more thing to say. Laundromats are EXPENSIVE and they have the tinyiest washing machines I've ever seen.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Wow! We feel for you guys! Just as the boys were starting to get better Aidan threw up about 7 times yesterday and he and Eamon both have runny noses and coughs again! Oh well! I guess our baby girl will just have to come out fighting!

Health to all of you and merry cleaning :) Thanks for the update!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home